Navigation

Monday, February 22, 2010

Tang Yuen me likey~!

Tang Yuen... Glutinous rice ball. Yum yum...

Tang Yuen is sold in supermarkets (frozen ones, you only have to boil them) but it's so easy to make, you can have it ready to eat in 30 minutes.

Last 2 weeks when I was at kampung, my cousin taught me how to make them. Even kids can do it, the last time I made it, my niece Angie was around and she helped to make the fillings.

You only have to have glutinous rice flour, sugar, water, crushed peanuts (or chocolate, tausa, whatever filling you want), ginger, gula melaka and colouring (if you want).

Mix flour, sugar and water together until you get a dough. If you want to colour the dough, now is the right time to do it.

Then you insert the peanuts...



Make the balls small. They will swell when you boil it later.





After that, boil water and insert the gula melaka and ginger. After a while, put the balls inside. Wait for it to swell (about 5 minutes or less), then it's done~!

The remnants... hoho


I like crushed peanuts but my sister likes the chocolate fillings huhu


I recently made choc fillings huhu yummy (just scrape the chocolates we eat and put it inside)

It's so easy to make, I like~!!!!!

But... I kentut dunno how many times after eating this thing hehehe blame the ginger~! But this dish is good la... easy and sedap~!

12 comments:

Lee Pei Shi said...

judith..ada style kering jg versi swak..
rebus kosong ja tu rice ball..
lepas tu kc roll on dlm crunched peanuts + sugar
nyum3........ :D

Munchkin said...

huhuuuu mcm sedap jak bunyi dia~! next time sa bt gitu la hohoho

BrokenSatellite said...

its been ages since i ate those.
to be honest. not really a big fan of tang yuen.

Nama ja cina.

aahahhaha

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Munchkin said...

jacq: hoho i just discovered this food hahaha liked it immediately!

anonymous: wow, thanks for visiting my blog~!

Louella said...

Hey, sorry to interrupt your daily regime but I stumbled upon your blog while trying to find reviews on Vivi Fashion's contact lens.
It's my first time buying contacts lens online so I wanted to know whether the contact lens are uncomfortable when you wear them.
It doesn't dry out too easily do they?

Anyway, thank you in advance. Please reply. :D
Have a nice day.

Louella.

Munchkin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Munchkin said...

Hi Louella~!
I think you're asking the wrong person hehe This is the first time that I'm wearing contact lense so I don't have anything else (brands) to compare it to... XD

Anyway, sometimes I feel uncomfortable wearing it but maybe because I didn't insert it accordingly. It doesn't dry out easily though. I have worn them for more than 5 hours a couple of times but just to be on the safe side, I put some liquid into my eye to moist the lenses.

So... what do other people say about Vivi Fashion's lenses?

<3

Louella said...

Hahaha, thanks so much for your info!! Your blog is the only one that mentioned something about vivi fashion' lenses. In that case, I feel much more secure buying these lenses.

I wear my contacts for 10 hours. :O

Munchkin said...

hihi I don't dare to wear lenses for more than 8 hours, my mom will lecture me ba hahaha

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Munchkin said...

hi anonymous, thanks for stopping by my blog. I cannot help much because I don't know much about tang yuan... it's best if you search it up on google or yahoo... sorry~!!!