Navigation

Friday, November 19, 2010

Kumusta ka yo? Philippines trip part 1

A major series of photos ahead.

5 days 4 nights in the Philippines was such a great experience for me. Travelling with 8 other friends enriched the experience. I couldn't ask for better companions.

We bought the AirAsia tickets to Clark last year for cheap cheap cheap prices hohoho waited for a long time and finally we were in the Philippines last June.

The first day was spent at the airport, on the airplane, on a bus and on a taxi. Pheww...

Orange ribbons thanks to Ziema ohoho

 
Before taking off huhuhu super excited~!


The same three roundheads hahaha


See ya Sabah~! >.<

Fast forward 2 hours later
.
.
.
.
.
.

There were droplets of rain greeting us hohoho


Clark Airport... This photo looks retro right? Like those 60's photo hoho no editing done except to add the frame and tag.  


Spent another 2 hours on a bus ride from Clark to Manila.


Cory and I. We spotted something...


Pictures of Virgin Mary in the bus. huhuhu no such thing as this here in our home country.


Hohoho Don was talking to his mom, "Jan lagi call sa, credit sa yang habis nanti." Haha seriously, the call and text rates are crazy~! I only texted my mom once a day. Call rates were RM2.50/min and text rates were RM2.00/sms.   

After that, we spent another hour on a van/taxi to get to our hotel. We spent the whole day travelling. By the time we arrived in Casa Bocobo Hotel, we were so tired. Don, Cory, Reney and I went to ChowKing to nom nom huhuhu


Hohoho was so hungry, ate the whole thing.


Throughout this trip, I think I walked thousands of miles I can cover the whole Sabah. I think that's the downside of travelling on your own without a guide. But when you're in great company, even getting lost was exciting.

The second day was all about sight seeing. That's why the majority of my pictures are of us wearing the same thing hahaha This also marks our first jeepney ride ever~!

First up, Jose Rizal Park~!


Outside our hotel. Good service from the moment I emailed them until we checked out. Huhu

8/9 of us.

Jose Rizal Park was within walking distance from our hotel... less than 10 minutes of walking, we arrived there. We passed here later that night to get back to our hotel and was surprised that many people was lying on the fields just looking at the stars, listening to the music blaring from the speakers and just chilling with friends and family. Speakers were put in every corner of the park, playing Philippino music. Nice.

There behind us was what we thought to be Jose Rizal's monument. Huhuhu took a lot of pictures here. But the truth is... when we walked to the other side,


Jose Rizal was standing on the other side~! Silly us.

I have a knack making this pose huhuhu hand on waist and the other one making a V huhu I seriously need a pose coach.


The life of Jose Rizal (or so I thought it is). Jose was giving a lecture beside me. If you notice, one guy's head is missing. Probably couldn't handle the lecture and his head exploded haha He's sitting in the first row too XD


With the 'Mother of the Philippines'.


Another tourist-ty picture.


"No love for both of you~!" says Ninang to Cory and Epa. hahaha btw, I like your dress Epa.

After the park, we walked to another tourist destination, Intramurous.

Intramuros 1.23km huhu Farid was excited~! You can see me here leading the pack : )

On the way to Intramurous, I saw thos wood electric pole. Hoho.


Manila Cathedral. Gorgeous~! There's a mass going on inside so we couldn't come in huhu I bet it's beautiful~!

We went to three places in Intramuros; Manila Cathedral, San Agustine Museum and church. It's a shame we didn't go to other places there. It's beautiful~! Beautiful buildings.

Don't you just love the way the cathedral is? It's very pretty!


Another one..


All the girls~! >.<


This is the San Agustine Church's door. Fell in love with the carvings.


A shot with the whole church.


With a dungeon-ny lamp and a big bell hohoho

Inside the church. Absolutely breathtaking~!


Blurry picture but I love the background~!




The biggest instrument I ever saw in my life so far~! Haha
An organ pipe.


The hallway of the museum...


This kinda freaks me out. To think that a dead guy is lying inside the thing.




This photo is just random huhu




After the long visit, we walked (again!) to SM Mall where we had lunch and broke our legs in 3 different places. There were absolutely nowhere to sit down~! Anyway, took a quick pic of this riot(?) and quickly put my cam inside, was afraid I would be confronted or something huhu I have a weird line of thinking.


After what seems forever in the mall, we took a Jeepney ride (thank God!) to Ocean Park. All this in one day, can you imagine? Hoho patah jugalah kaki mo bejalan~!



Ocean Park Manila~! So pretty... kinda reminds you of 'Avatar' doesn't it?




One more... just because I like it hoho But Don looks a bit extreme here haha


Inside... no flash photography. Why? Maybe they're afraid the fishes would go berserk. But it's so hard snapping pics of the fishes with no flash hohoho


We saw a lot of fishes here (make sense, it IS called Ocean Park :p). This fish has teeth like humans'~!


I call them the Angelina Jolie fish~! Can't really see their lips here but seriously pouty I tell you~! 

 
Sea worms. They spend their life going up and down the sand. Cute little fellows though~!


Sharks~!

And then theres...


A whale~! Hahaha Jan marah ba Pa.


My favorite area was the big tube aquarium.


Jang~!


...


A diver giving the marine lives food. So kesian the diver, the stingrays were constantly swarming him to get food.


And he spent a moment to take pics with us~! Hohoho bless you diver man~!


Sooo tired... I think we were inside for a good 2 hours before leaving.


OPM's souvenir store~! Didn't buy anything, just wanted a place to sit down and nurse my sore behind.


Went outside and we bought fake sunglasses~! Wakakaka for what, 50 pesos which is roughly RM4.



After that, we sat down and watched as Ninang and Reney tumbled. Hoho my legs were really killing me~!


Reney~!!!


After that, we walked back to the hotel, passing Jose Rizal Park and marvel over the people lying on the grass.


Then Cory, Don and I went to McD just around the hotel.
End of day 2.


End of part 1.

The Third day was shopping day with an hour of our lifetime spent being lost. But that's for part 2 huhuhu

Salamat po~!

3 comments:

anum amir said...

macik, lucunya yg c d0n tuh.haha

diariakuiman said...

haha.. mmg mcm paus c epa.. aku mau berceti tahun dpn..

diariakuiman said...

ops.. bercuti ba, malu eh salah eja