Navigation

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Kumusta ka yo? Philippines trip part 2


The Third day was shopping day with an hour of our lifetime spent being lost.

Shopping malls were abundant~! Everywhere you turn, there's bound to be one just begging for you to enter~!


Behold, Greenhill~!


A pretty building near Greenhill.

First, we went to Greenhill. All of the shops there were high end shops but we were there too early so we had to let it go (hehe honestly, we can't afford to shop there~! Poor students' fate).

Then, we headed to Greenbelt. Now there's a place for us. The stuff there was cheap but you really have to endure the incessant, 'pili lang...' and 'polo shirts' being shouted in your ears.

otw to Greenbelt.

Shops as far as the eye can see... huhuhu lots and lots of shops/stalls were there. The big group separated and Don, Cory & I went together.

We developed this silly practise of asking the price and go on to other shops to see whether it is cheaper. When we realized the price of the other shop was cheaper, we can't seem to find the shop~! Happened about 3 or 4 times.

There were no benches to sit on too... we only found out the others were sitting sipping cold drinks upstairs. Hohoho seriously, my legs felt overused and mistreated.

Legs eventually gave out and we ended up sitting wherever.

When we finally decided to go back to our hotel, this happened at the MRT.

People were going back home from work too~! What great timing...

And, as we went inside a coach, Ninang was left standing outside the closed door~! Huhuhu the look on her face is still fresh in my mind~! Out of all of us, she was the only one left behind. No worries though, we got back together at our stop.

What felt like an hour of commuting, we got back to the station near our hotel... to find out that we've lost our way~! It was raining too~! We separated into 2 groups and I was relieved to find the other group was lost too~! Ohohoho We met on the roadside and we were all wet from the rain. Hahaha finally we put our heads together and figured out the way.

We got lost because we remembered the 7-11 that was 2 blocks away from our hotel but we didn't know that the road across the station also has a 7-11. So, we followed the wrong clue huhuhu anyway, I never knew getting lost can be fun. Maybe because we were all together with good friends.

End of day 3.

The fourth day was shopping day in Mall of Asia. Some of the things that I bought were just silly things. Things that I don't think I'll actually use.

Saw this theme park otw to MOA. If I ever come to Manila again, I'd like to visit this park huhu

MOA, the largest mall in the Phillipines. It is the 3rd largest mall in Asia and the 4th largest mall in the world. Needless to say, it is huge~!


~And this was my first stop here, the ladies' room. It has this huge ass mirror and I absolutely adore it~! And when I came out, I saw this;


Guys, I know we major in Maths, don't we have a smaller calculator than a scientific calc? Hoho I forgot what Farid & Ninang was counting for.

Our mission in MOA was to watch a movie, eat and shop. So, first up, Cory & I was incharge of buying the movie tickets.


Surprise surprise, the cinemas here do not assign the seating arrangements like Malaysia. It is free seating. Later I found out that other countries like America also practises free seating. Only countries like Malaysia, Japan and Korea, etc provides seating arrangements in the cinema.

So, imagine our horror~! (We like to have a good spot to watch movies, I personally like to sit dead center)



Oh yeah, we decided to watch Toy Story 3 in 3D. Hohoho was so excited~!


We had time to kill so we made ourselves at home : ) I think this was near hall5.


Blue elephant made from LEGO huhu


I love the concept of this shop~! The nails in this shop was knife, screwdrivers, etc. Didn't snap a single pic of it because I'm afraid I'd be bludgeoned hehe I'm not mental.


Another interesting shop. It's not a bookshop though, it's a boutique called Apple & Eve.

Finally, the movie was minutes away. The ticket includes a free popcorn or hotdog. I chose hotdog and some of the others chose popcorn. The popcorn is not the same with ours too. There, the popcorn is all white. You need to add your own desired amount of salt. Poor Epa, she thought the salt was sugar so she poured a lot of the salt in~! Imagine what it tasted like... huhuhu

We decided to sit here. Of all places, we chose here. I wanted to go nearer the screen but decided to stay huhuhu : (  



After the movie (which was funny and I actually cried in the end haha Andy is such a good boy~!), we scattered to have lunch.

Reney, Cory, Don and I decided to go here (I forgot the name!) because the interior is cute hoho


Order~!!!


Then we all reunited to figure out the way to Bench. Why don't we have Bench here? It's a cool shop.


Along the way, we got distracted by this ice ring. Spent about 15 minutes adoring the scaters.


Got so distracted in Bench hence no photos of Bench hehe Almost everyone bought something in Bench. Be it perfumes, shirts and boxers. I saw a very cute watch but sadly, I didn't go with my guts to just buy it huhu At the end of this trip, I still have 1000+ pesos with me.

Cory and I making a wish hahaha can't really see me.

After this, we all went to Baclaran because a taxi driver told us that the stuff there is cheaper than those in Greenbelt. Huhuhu no pics there though, we were warned not to show something pricey...

Don, Cory, Zul, Zima and I decided to head back to MOA and shop some more~!

Late into the night, I bought some doughnuts hohoho I love doughnuts~!




There was a huge globe infront of MOA and it differs when it is day and night.


This is what the globe looks like in daytime.

By nightime, it displays magical colours. It was during the world cup and the globe even turns itself into a soccer ball. Didn't manage to snap the pic though huhu

Got back to the hotel and almost fainted from fatigue huhu thank goodness I was wearing shoes and not sandals. End of day 4.

Our last day was again the repeat of the first day. Long van ride from Manila to Clark, airplane ride from Clark to Kota Kinabalu.


This is the only picture were all of us are in the frame. At the front desk of our hotel.


Crammed inside our van~! I was beside Zima~!!!


Made a stop to buy some manila mangoes~! The dried mangoes was deliciously yummy~! If you happen to go to the Phillipines, do buy heaps of 'em~!

I loved this trip~! Hope I can have another fun trip next year~! Amen.

The Phillipines can be a great place to travel, so long as you have planned where to go and you are in great company.

Salamat po~!

2 comments:

diariakuiman said...

sanay wala nang wakas (eh,ngam ka?, aku hentam ja tak tahu maksud)

Munchkin said...

hehehe ko ada plan2 mo p manila ka man? best jg p sana hoho time kmi p sana aritu ada satu couple br kawin trus p manila. honeymoon la tu huhu