Navigation

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

2D vs 3D

Today, I'd like to giveout my thoughts about watching movies in 2D and 3D. It's just my opinion though huhu I might change my mind in coming years hohoho



Point #1 = Expectation

3D: When I want to watch movies in 3D, my mind plays scenes of that movie (from the trailer) in my head and I start to build a really high hope for that movie. Thinking off all that out-of-screen effects and when it's not up to my expectation, the movie will suck (for me).

2D: Nothing to expect unless friends or reviews says that it blows the mind away but it doesn't blow my mind. Get what I mean? Huhu

Point #2 = Price

3D: RM15 in GSC. No student price. There are student price in Growball though... RM13 per ticket. I guess the remaining RM2 is for buying soft drinks. I think for watching 3D movies, it's best to go to GSC because they have a far better popcorn than Growball. I'd like to call Growball's popcorns healthy popcorns. Very few hints of caramel, the rest is white popcorn.

2D: RM5 in Growball, if you have a student card. If not, RM7. I think it's RM8 in GSC, RM7 if you have a student card. RM5 is very affordable for a poor student like me huhu

Point #3 = Side effects

3D: Sometimes the glasses hurt the bridge of my nose.



2D: Sometimes if I'm unlucky, the seats are not stable (Growball, hear me out~! But they're changing their seats for all the halls there). Sometime this year, a friend of mine and I went to see a movie and the chair failed her not once but twice~! It was a midnight movie so not many people were there so she just quickly switch seats.

Point #4 = Satisfaction

3D: No effect at all (Airbender~!) or very few effects (Toy Story 3, Rapunzel). Airbender was very dissapointing. I was wondering why the heck does this 3D movie have subtitles. Gah, it turns out that only the subtitle have the 3D effect. It stood out. The action doesn't harbour any effect at all. All the time I was thinking, "RM15 all to waste. I could've watched 3 2D movies in Growball~!" For Toy Story 3, maybe we were sitting waaaaaaaaaay back (does the position of your seat affect the effects?) Rapunzel... I don't know but only the lantern scene was fantastic.

2D: I guess I didn't have to think of other factors like money and the satisfaction of out-of-screen effects and just sit back, relax and enjoy the story and scenes.

That's it~! I've ran out of points : p
Sometimes, when I watch something in 3D and my friends watched it in 2D, I will say the movie is not good but they'll say that it was great. Huhuhu sometimes I think 3D hinders my judgement of movies.

Since Airbender, I am very sceptical of watching 3D movies. Don't get me wrong, I think 3D is an excellent idea. Just... some of the movies are not worth the money to watch in 3D. By far my best 3D experience was Despicable Me. Hohoho

Now, who wants to belanja me Tron?   

No comments: