Navigation

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

No confidence at all~!

Yesterday at the ticketing booth in GSC.

Ticket girl: What movie?

Me: Rapunzel 3D.

Ticket girl: What time?

Me: Mmm... pukul lima. (5 o'clock)

Ticket girl: Please pick a seat.

Me: Aiya, mo penuh suda ni! Jadi mana ko mo duduk? (Shucks, it's almost full! So, where do you wanna seat?)

My sister: Mmm... 

Me: K8, K9 lah. (My sister & I was debating over where to sit and I decided to go ahead and pick the center seat but it was the 4th row from the screen. I like to sit in the middle~!)

Ticket girl: You don't want the side seats? (Pointing to the seats on the monitor, the side seats were a lot further from the screen)

Me: Tidak lah. Namau seat yang tepi punya. (No, I don't want the side seats.) 

We ended up buying those 2 seats. The perpetrator of my hurting neck~!

Anyway, the reason I brought these dialogue up is because,... *big sigh* I have no confidence speaking the English Language to people~!

Not to be all big headed or anything but I consider myself pretty good in the English Language. Never did I failed any English test or exam I took. I secretly would feel satisfied whenever I got the highest mark. I like the language but I just... I don't know, I get really shy when it comes to actually speaking the language.

Can you imagine how I feel when it's time for an oral exam? Huh, I didn't like it. Impromptu kills me. When you write, you pretty much think about it thoroughly and you can just erase it and make some new sentences but when it's impromptu,.. nothing is erasable.

There's this one time on the elevator at the mall that some guy wanted to strike a conversation with me and I just... nodded, smiled  and muttered something in return. Hahahaha That wasn't even a tall, handsome foreign guy but a random friendly uncle asking me where I'm headed and whether I'm doing my Christmas shopping. Gah~!

The reason that I can come up with is that I'm terrified of saying something wrong. Huhuhu pretty silly but I'm working on this.

I might be teaching English Language in school later. But surprising to me, when I was teaching EL in school for my practical, I can speak well and worry free ehehe maybe because they're kids. It's natural to feel superior over them.

I'm determined to correct this flaw. Hohoho I will do my best whenever someone talks to me in this language~! Just don't think too much Judith~!

1 comment:

Lee Pei Shi said...

woi judith..ko blh ba tu npa tdk yakin hehehe..go go go!!