Navigation

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Make your wish come true

Ahh... been so down these days. Lots of problem (75% money problem hoho) and sometimes I just can't sleep thinking how to solve the problems. Aaargh... I hope everything turns out right without me sacrificing a kidney, left ear and a gall bladder.

Anyway, I bought a Daruma doll (Dharma doll) the other day.



This is a Daruma Doll. Huhu I've seen this doll before in numerous Japanese dramas and animes. So what is this doll all about?

"Regarded more as a talisman of good luck to the Japanese. Daruma dolls are seen as a symbol of perseverance and good luck, making them a popular gift of encouragement." -Wikipedia


Daruma doll comes in different sizes. The kanji beneath the face reads chikara which means strength.

I bought my Daruma from Daiso. I thought it was a good decoration item. Plus, maybe it can make my dream come true hoho Here's how you use the Daruma doll. You make a wish, then you paint the Daruma's right eye. Like so:


My Daruma. I don't know what the kanji says hoho

You can only paint the other eye when you get what you wish for. I think this doll acts as a means for us to keep track of  our goals or big tasks and motivates us to work to the finish. In this way, every time we see the one-eyed Daruma, we recall the goal. One explanation how this custom started says that in order to motivate Daruma-san to grant your wish, you promise to give him full sight once the goal is accomplished.

My wish? Hoho I won't tell... but what if it comes true? I will definitely, positively and surely tell~!!! If it didn't, well I guess Daruma-san will have to be one-eyed lah huhuhu Don't worry Daruma-san, I'm not so mean, I'll get you an eye patch~! : )

I love objects like this hohoho The things I like when I go to shops is to look at the lucky cat, Maneki Neko. You know, the one that waves its arm as if calling you to buy that RM1++ shoes~! Grrr... no wonder I'm penniless. : (



This Maneki Neko waves it's left arm. It is supposed to call customers.



This one waves it's right arm, which is to beckon fortune, money, etc.

If I put a lot Maneki Neko infront of my house, would it attract a lot of money???   

7 comments:

Lee Pei Shi said...

blh tahan ko judith..75% money problem sblm beli daruma n it rise to 80% after u purchased the daruma hehehee..d daiso ka..rm5 ka tu haha

Munchkin said...

ya pening sa mo pikir mn mo cr duit huhuhu bgs kalo tumbuh dr pokok tu duit hohoho daruma tu lma sda bili tp br sa cat mata dia huhu

yup d daiso... bgs ko kasi bili sa maneko neko hohoho

Lee Pei Shi said...

apa tu maneko neko judith? hehe
sy mo beli ni daruma doll..sy ada wish ni kakakakaka

epa_is_fred said...

lee ko tlg aku wish la..bole ka tu gabung wish jud?haha
aku wish aku xda kwn yg perasan dia taw suma benda.menyampah i~
eeeiii.geram.hahaha.

Lee Pei Shi said...

wui na epa ko pns dgn sepa ni..tdk blh o mn blh sm2..kita p beli 2 daruma la..ok ka? (oi sy serius ni mo p beli)
cyg epa..jgn down ya..hehehehe

Munchkin said...

pei shi~hohoho maneko neko tu kucing la hohoho yg slalu d kedai2 tu huhu

epa~mm.. xble gabung la kali pa huhu sepa jg kasi mrh ko ni?

kamu 2 p bili la d daiso. ada yg sda kena cat tu mata dia, jd cari la yg putih lagi mata dia hohoho

Lee Pei Shi said...

oh itu ka maneko neko..tp tu judith utk org yg buka kedai la tarik pelanggan =.=!!
ba..tggu sy balik sbh dlu ya baby!!